This project is one of “Ten Cultural Facilities in New Era” invested by Shenzhen Municipal Government. With the need of talents for Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, and CUHK-Shenzhen’s successful experience, the project will integrate philosophies of other world-leading international schools. It aims at establishing an international, innovative, world-leading higher education institution for music and art, which will fill the blank of music and art education in Shenzhen.
The site of The Shenzhen Conservatory of Music is in International University Campus, Longgang District, Shenzhen, next to CUHK-Shenzhen. Currently, most of the structures at the site are gymnasiums, which will be demolished before the project construction.
The core design contents for The Shenzhen Conservatory of Music include: classrooms, practice studios, library, auditoriums, student dormitories, staff dormitories, dining hall, performance auditoriums (including a 700-seat A-Level competition theater, a 500-seat music hall and a 200-seat rehearsal hall), and science research space (including music technology center, music management center, music therapy center, sociomusicology center).
The bidding content of this project is the whole process design, all the project construction content in the plot, including scheme design and optimization (including investment estimates and instructions), design development (including cost estimates and instructions), construction documents (including construction and technical documents, construction drawings and instructions), review and stamping of record drawings, on-site construction cooperation, coordination and cooperation with other consultants hired by Tenderee, and other related services; special design, preparation of relevant special reports, etc.
The key majors involved include, but are not limited to, master planning, architecture, structure engineering, electrical, curtain wall, landscape design, sponge city design, interior design, architectural acoustics, floodlighting, green building, theater / concert hall design, stage craft, river improvement, etc. The final work content shall be subjected to the tender documents and design contract.
Procedure of open call (Pre-Qualification) is adopted for this project tender. The tender includes pre-qualification phase, Design Competition Phase, and Final Evaluation Phase. Honorarium is set up for outstanding schemes that are shortlisted.
1. Applicants must be domestic or overseas entities with legal business registration.
2. Applicant (at least one member from consortium) is required for class-A qualification/certificate in Chinese architecture design and construction industry (Construction Engineering) to ensure that the design meet requirements of relevant domestic building codes, regulations and fulfill administrative approvals.
3. Project leader, or at least one chief designer, is required to be Grade One registered architect in China.
4. Consortium is permitted. One consortium shall include no more than 2 members (including the leading member). Each member of the consortium shall not further apply alone or participate by joining another consortium.
5. The consortium members shall sign the Consortium Agreement legally and specify the leading member, as well as work distribution in each design stage and their share of rights and interests.
6. Individual or teams of individuals will not be accepted.
The official announcement of this tender will be issued soon. We welcome all design teams to pre-register for bidding intention. If interested, please scan the QR code or visit the link to fill out pre-registration information. Once the formal announcement is released, we will also send e-mails to all pre-registered teams.
All Pre-registration information shall be subject to the Tender Announcement Section of Shenzhen Construction Project Transaction Service Website.
Pre-Registration is NOT official bidding application. The formal announcement will be published on Shenzhen Construction Engineering Transaction Service Network: http://zjj.sz.gov.cn/jsjy/jyxx/zbgg/. According to the management requirements of the follow-up procedures of Shenzhen Construction Engineering Transaction Service System, it is recommended that the bidders firstly learn the relevant bidding processes and register online enterprise information in advance.组织机构
Tenderee and Co-Organizer
Engineering Design Management Center of Bureau of Public Works of Shenzhen Municipality
Shenzhen Position Spatial Culture Development Co., Ltd.